Our vision is to improve the health and wellbeing of Indigenous peoples within the Atlantic region. Our plan is to develop a regional Indigenous health research Network, whose mission is to be led by, and work with and for, Indigenous communities to support research that addresses their health research priorities, builds research capacities, engages in community-led health research, and supports culturally-appropriate and community-specific methods of knowledge exchange and strategic implementation, to achieve Indigenous health and wellness goals throughout the region, as defined by Indigenous peoples.
– Protecting Indigenous knowledge, cultures and ceremonies;
– Increasing sovereignty over research (and the data that results from it);
– Moving forward in a relational way (considering research ethics from the perspective of ‘all our relations’);
– Centering, enhancing, innovating and strengthening Indigenous knowledge in health research;
– Building capacity for research done in a ‘good way’ through mentorship